Home siding is an affordable and long-lasting option for giving your home a nice-looking facade, but siding doesn’t last forever. Eventually, you’ll want to order a home siding replacement – either to replace old, damaged siding, or just to update your home with a new look.
At NuHome, we have years of experience providing amazing home siding installation services. These are some of the tips we give our customers when they’re trying to choose between their home siding replacement options.
1 . What type of siding do you want?
You’ve got a lot of choices in materials and overall look. The most popular options include:
- Vinyl siding. Vinyl siding has come a long way since the cheap siding of the 1980s-90s! Modern vinyl siding is affordable, long-lasting, and still looks great.
- Stone veneer. Faux stonework is a great way to give your home a classic hand-built appearance, but may not fit all architectural styles or neighborhood looks.
- Cedar. Real cedar siding is an option, but it’s expensive and easily damaged. Cedar shake, or faux cedar, has the same look as cedar but without the hassle.
- Fiber cement. If you want a long-lasting option, fiber cement is the top choice. It could easily last the lifetime of your home.
2. Picking the right color and pattern
Your siding will be one of the most prominent design elements of your home, so it’s important to think carefully about the look you’ll be putting in place. In general, you’ll want siding that matches, or at least complements, the color schemes of other homes in your neighborhood. You probably don’t want to stand out too much. Your HOA may even have bylaws covering allowed color schemes.
Also, the color and pattern should match the overall architectural style of your home. If it has a distinctive look, pick siding that goes well with the architecture.
3. Pick the right contractors
Trying to install your siding is not a good idea. It’s a long, labor-intensive process that’s difficult even for a team of professionals. If you try to DIY it, you could be at the job for weeks.
Home Siding Replacement Services & More
So, you want to look for home siding replacement contractors with a lot of experience, and knowledge of your area – like NuHome! We offer top-quality siding replacement and repair services across Virginia, fairfax, and DC. If it’s time for your home to get a great new look, contact us to make it happen.