When do you know it’s time to start thinking about new windows? Winter is fast approaching and temperatures are expected to be bitter this winter. You’re lying in bed, sound asleep only to be woken by a whistling or howling noise. What could it be? You investigate and discover your windows or even your doors are allowing cold, maybe even moist air into your home.
Before you actually experience a scenario such as this, we recommend that you investigate the condition of your windows. There are common indicators that you are wasting money on your energy bills and that a home improvement project should be on your list of things to do.
Commons signs it’s time for new windows:
- Do your windows open and close easily?
- Is it necessary to scrape and paint them as part of routine maintenance?
- Do you see moisture condensation between the panes of glass or on the interior of your windows?
- Is your home drafty due to having single pane windows?
- Is it necessary to use storm windows to help cut down on drafts?
- Do your current windows allow for easy cleaning?
- Are you seeing rot or leakage around your windows?
- Are replacement parts hard to find?
- Are they damaged, broken or even warped?
- Have you noticed an increase in your utility bills?
- Do you hear noises from traffic or your neighbors when your windows are shut?
- Do your windows lack the curb appeal you want and overall they just look bad?
Taking into consideration the list provided, your home may be telling you it’s time for new windows. Consider this, windows are one of the prominent selling features of a home. Not to mention the insulation they provided in keeping your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. By replacing your windows with an energy efficient window option the resulting saving in energy costs alone could be substantial.
- Double Hung Windows
- Casement Windows
- Slider Windows
- Bay Windows
- Bow Windows
- Garden Windows
- Awning Windows
- Picture Windows
Now that you know it’s time to make a change, consider your options carefully. There are numerous styles and colors available and NuHome is ready to assist you with your new window selection. Give us a call to schedule your free consultation at 703-934-4020.